Forums » General » Who's comin to Winnipeg?

Messages for Who's comin to Winnipeg?

Comment Posted by Spider, The Maze Apr 06, 2006 06:38 PM

Well, anyone comin?

Comment Posted by mochafrapp11 Jul 25, 2006 05:19 AM

That's what I would like to know!

So far, the following teams have already booked their flights:

T. Litzen Rockets (women's)

Shock (women's)

At the risk of sounding like a wimp ... any chance that the we'll be playing on indoor fields? :)

Comment Posted by cliff Jul 30, 2006 05:49 AM

No indoor fields, however, the weather at this time of year has been 12 to 20 degrees 9 out of the last 10 years with little or no precipitation. Should be a blast..

Cliff
tournament chair

Comment Posted by Trojan XL Jul 31, 2006 06:56 AM

Hey Fellas,

Kevin Charles here, member of the Toronto Trojans. We will be coming to Wpg in oct, just wondering where the fields are gonna be so we can book our hotels accordingly. i know i saw it somewhere b4, but cant find it. Looking forward to making the trip, I've been really selling the Peg to the fellas...sounds like you guys are doing a great job.

KC aka Chizzy aka T1

"#1 because no one remembers #2"

Comment Posted by cliff Jul 31, 2006 09:06 AM

Fields are a little spread out north and south, the host hotel is the Fairmont right in downtown Winnipeg and will be about the same distance to all the fields. We will be getting the maps up on the site here shortly.

See you down here at the "Peg"
Home of the 2006 National Tournament of Champions and the 2006 Grey Cup Game

Cliff
Tournament Chair

Comment Posted by cliff Aug 01, 2006 03:24 AM

Hey there everyone, as the football season heads into the midway point talk of the Nationals here in Winnipeg is starting to heat up.

5 to 6 teams from Regina...I am sure perenial Labor Day finalists Meglomania are one of them...they had a great showing out east in Ottawa last year and should have a little taste of success in their mouths...
Top Women's teams from the east are booked...Toronto Shock, T.Litzen Rockets

Here is your chance to see how you rank against the other provinces...Tiers for all skill levels...4 games guaranteed..and here in the Peg, all its going to cost you is the entry fee of $400.

here is the entry form link

http://www.toc2006.ca/download/file_name/12/toc_regform.pdf

You can get the info at www.toc2006.ca

More info to come....

See You all there

Comment Posted by cliff Aug 01, 2006 03:38 AM

a little more info...

We also have some representation from Montreal Women's Montreal Maroons, Fleur De Lys, Hornets are coming, from Edmonton men's I believe

Rooms at the Fairmont are getting booked up, get your reservations in...

I will keep you posted...

Cliff

Comment Posted by boutch Aug 07, 2006 02:51 PM

Hello there,

Just to let you know that FlagMag/Fleur de Lys and Montreal Raiders (Quebec's top two women's teams) have not booked flights yet but both teams are committed to going. We are very anxious to meet up with the top women's teams from out west...
Just wondering just how far the fields are going to be from the Fairmont? Are we going to need a van? If so any idea as to who I should contact for a 15 seater?

thanks in advance and go Als go!!!!

Comment Posted by jackie Aug 13, 2006 10:06 AM

Calypso women's team from Edmonton has registered (has attended TOC three times), and I believe that the Nordic (Edmonton, has attended TOC 2-3 times)), the Thunder (Calgary; went to TOC last year), and I think the Stonecutters (Calgary) are all planning on registering as well. It would be great if the Barracudas and/or the Reign from Vancouver came. I also think that the Regina Sharks are planning on going.

Comment Posted by Spider, The Maze Aug 16, 2006 07:04 AM

Hey Boutch,

The fields are about a 20-25 minute drive from Downtown Winnipeg, (Fairmont location)and Maple Grove Rugby Park(main site) can be reached by either going south on St. Mary's Road,(more direct) or Pembina Hwy(four lanes) If you know Winnipeg, Maple Grove Rugby park is ,located on St. Mary's Road and the South Perimeter Highway (# 1)

A secondary sight, Tec Voc High School is about 10 minutes away, (basically west on Portage ave. from your hotel, to Wall street (north, about 4 blocks)Tec Voc is between the hotel and the airport. (about 5 minutes away)

Our biggest Mall, Polo Park, is 5 minutes from Tec Voc.

Enterprise Rental cars is our tournament car sponsor. I believe they will be putting up the info shortly. A big 15 seater?van or two smaller ones would be recommended.

Hope that helps

Comment Posted by shynk Aug 17, 2006 08:09 AM

Westside will be coming from Saskatoon. 4 Women's teams from Quebec....enough said we are there.

Comment Posted by shynk Aug 17, 2006 08:12 AM

Oh ya how many divisons will there be roughly?

Comment Posted by CAN_77 Aug 18, 2006 02:14 AM

The Ottawa Nepean Canadians will be in Winnipeg and are looking forward to the football and the festivities.

Comment Posted by Meg 5 Aug 22, 2006 11:33 AM

Megalomania from Regina is coming.

Comment Posted by cliff Aug 23, 2006 03:35 AM

Toads from Saskatoon just confirmed they will be here...

Not sure on the divisions as we are still recieving registrations...will let you know as soon as possible. We will also get other info up on the site as we finalize things.

I am trying to confirm Van rental rates at Enterprise, as soon as I do I will have the info posted.

thanks
Cliff

Comment Posted by mleafloor Aug 23, 2006 06:26 AM

Ottawa Devil's (women's division)have now booked our flights and are looking forward to the trip!
Michelle

Comment Posted by Al Aug 23, 2006 05:56 PM

FYI regarding van rentals, in Manitoba anything over nine passengers requires a class 4 drivers license (although a 15 passenger van with only 9 passengers is still ok). I am not sure if every province uses the same license classes. This could leave an improperly licensed driver liable in the event of an accident.

Comment Posted by 214life Aug 24, 2006 06:51 AM

Where are all the Winnipeg based teams... Let's go guys...

Comment Posted by Trojan XL Aug 30, 2006 07:12 AM

Toronto Trojans will be attending as well. Is it still show me your panty night at Scandals? ;)

Comment Posted by boutch Aug 31, 2006 06:07 AM

Montreal Fleur de Lys (women's) have now booked flights and are good to go.

Watch out because we will have our full team. We are focused, serious, organised and did not need people from out-of-province or other teams to fill out our roster at anytime this season...We have already racked up around 3300 km in out-of-province tournaments alone!!!! We have not problem with adding some more...

I am sad to say however that I have heard that the Montreal Lady Raiders will not make it...

Comment Posted by Bulldog 28 Sep 08, 2006 07:18 AM

Moncton Bulldogs will be there. Good luck to all.

Comment Posted by mleafloor Sep 22, 2006 02:53 AM

Hello,

Will an official list of who is attending in women's and men's be posted soon?

Thank you.

Comment Posted by cliff Sep 22, 2006 04:21 AM

Soon as we can get it up, it will be posted. Thanks.

Comment Posted by mochafrapp11 Oct 01, 2006 09:13 PM

Technically, the Rockets and the Devils ended up tied in points after the Ontario Provincials - interesting that the rankings put 4 teams between them...

Also questionable is the round robin game scheduled for 11:00am on Sunday and the Prelim's scheduled for 12:45... even with a 30 minute "break" between games that isn't leaving much time for game delays.

Comment Posted by warrior16 Oct 03, 2006 05:22 AM

Regina Warriors will be there.

Comment Posted by Little Jimmy Oct 03, 2006 07:40 AM

I'm a little confused with the mens tier 1 draw. With a 16 team draw should the pools not go:
A - 1, 7, 9, 16
B - 2, 8, 10, 15
C - 3, 5, 11, 14
D - 4, 6, 12, 13

The current draw is:
A - 1, 7, 11, 15
B - 2, 8, 12, 16
C - 3, 5, 9, 13
D - 4, 6, 10, 14

I also noticed that in the Draw the Spartans and Piranhas are playing their first games on Sat. at 9:45 am and not at 11:00 am like the other top 2 teams.

LJ.

Comment Posted by Spider, The Maze Oct 03, 2006 05:57 PM

Ya think ya would have a link to the tournament draw someplace? huh?

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 04, 2006 12:45 AM

The draws are available for download (PDF) under the Forms & Files menu. All teams and games are also available under the teams and schedule menus as well.

Comment Posted by Matty Oct 04, 2006 04:27 AM

"I'm a little confused with the mens tier 1 draw."

If you actually read the men's draw.. you would have seen this....

"Teams 9 to 12 and 13 to 16 are not seeded but have been placed in the draw so that each pool will have geographical diversity."

so that means the top 8 teams are seeded.. and according to your pool and the TOC pool, the first 8 teams are in the right pools.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com